Stained glass mosaic on stained glass sheet (black)
Fluid Double Reverse method
This is my fourth work depicting landscapes in the mountains of the Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument in SW Oregon. I have breathed in the muse of the forest and cannot escape her call!
I use spatial relationships to generate realism out of a chaotic andamento.
Many pieces lay on end or sideways, adding more texture to that already achieved with glass on glass. The tesserae lay on top of the black sheet of glass so that the perception of texture of maximized when viewed from an angle.
It was exhibited at the Handforth Gallery, Tacoma, WA, from mid-March to the end of April, 2013. For Artprize 2013, it will be exhibited at The Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum.
* Accepted into the "Mosaics of the World" exhibition, which is in the Mosaics of the World section of the Third Ravenna Mosaico -- First International Festival of Contemporary Mosaic
* Honorable Mention in the Artist’s Magazine All-Media Online Competition.
* Honorable Mention in the 4th All Media art contest on Artavita
* Honorable Mention in Mixed Media and Collage for the The Artist’s Magazine‘s 2013 All Media competition (http://bit.ly/allmediawinners)
* Snowfell has been selected as a finalist in the Landscape/Interior category of The Artist's Magazine 30th Annual Art Competition